How To Overcome Flying Phobia? 如何克服飛行恐懼症?


Even though I'm a frequent flyer, I am afraid of flying. I'm not sure if I have a phobia of flying since I'm still brave enough to get on a plane.  It's just I don't know since when I feel panic during every turbulence. I have no idea when I started to develop such panic on the planes, to a point when I literally feel very shaken and I just lose control of my emotion to frantically hold on to whoever is sitting next to me.  I've noticed that the turbulence just gets more severe and more frequent with every new trip.  I'm not sure if I am feeling this way because I'm getting older by the day.  I still remember my first flight in my life, the one that I took from Hong Kong to the USA, to attend college, I was very calm and collected back then, I was flying with United Air and I was seated in between two American men who asked me, "So you speak English fluently! How did you learn to speak English so fluently? "  At the time, I was surprised that such a question was asked!   In my young mind, I answered, "Duh, I learnt it in school?  Where else?" I don't remember there was turbulence in my first flight in my life.  I don't remember the turbulence in my countless flights within the USA since my first.  Back then, I even told my dad in Macau that air travel within the USA was like taking buses in Macau.  Air travel was so much easier back then.  So really, I don't know since when I've become such a coward.  I feel that my panic with flying just  gets worse with every trip.  But knowledge is power, the above video confirms my feeling that there has been indeed a drastic increase in the occurrence of turbulence, which is supposedly not a big deal.  The video advises me to just trust the pilot, or auto-pilot!  Knowing is one thing, but actually controlling my panic on the plane is another. Anyhow,  I hope the above video helps you conquer your fear of flying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Awakening : My First Serious Look At America's Healthcare System 我在美國沒有健保的困局

How To Choose A Financial Planner in Macau? 如何在澳門選擇財務策劃師?

Travel Insurance Is Good For International Travel 旅行保險該在什麼情況下值得買?